1) After reading the Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki I believe the general theme of the book was to explain how effectively using social media can benefit and help businesses grow. In addition, if you use social media correctly it can help with your personal endeavors as well.
2) I specifically chose this book to see how using social media can enhance my presence personally and professionally. In this class, we have been focusing on our product and using the feedback we have been getting to improve our business. I believe that using social media is the perfect way to grow your business in this age. Using platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook can boost brand awareness and allow others to connect, learn, and interact with the company.
3) The exercise I would come up with would be too create a social media page for your company. Then after creating a page, I would want students to make a post about their product with a catchy #hashatag.
4) My biggest surprise was learning how companies who interact with their customers have better customer loyalty than brands who do not. This is something I would implement if I created a big company. However, I would always remain professional in my branding especially on my personal page. I would do this because just as social media can boost your brand, if you people do not like my posts then it can hurt it as well.
Hi Kyle,
ReplyDeleteI too read the Art of Social Media by Guy Kawasaki. I think you got the theme of the book. It's straightforward and you seem to understand what it's about. I thought the book was interesting and gave a lot of insight about the world of social media. I liked that I knew some of what he was talking about and familiar with the content. Glad you enjoyed it.
Hey Kyle I too did my reading reflection on the book from Guy Kawasaki. It was a great read I got some great tips. I too think that a big part of the book talked about social media and the benefits it can have for a business. I agree with you that since we use technology every day it was a very good book to read if we are to promote and advertise our own business idea.
ReplyDelete