Because this assignment is basically the same as the 1st one, I will be leaving most of it the same and I will change some areas based on the feedback I received per assignment instructions. Also, I will be updating and expanding areas that are based off recent changes I have made for my product.
1) Me: My name is Kyle Jackson and I still am a Business Administration: Information Systems major. From case competitions that I have done, I gained presentation and communication skills that have allowed me to effectively present ideas and products to business professionals. In addition, I also have marketing and sales experience from my experiences as Marketing Director and the time I spent in the American Marketing Association. Furthermore, I have effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills from my various leadership roles across campus.
2) What I am Offering: The product that I am offering will help solve a public health epidemic of people not cleaning their hands. I am selling a low-cost sanitation product that will be used after pumping gas from the filthy gas pumps. However, based on the feedback I received I realized the need to keep the dispensers clean, especially since the product will be outside where it can dirty. To allow my product to stay clean I will introduce a hands-free sanitizer that will pump out sanitation when the sensor recognizes when a hand is there. And to maintain its cleanliness, every time the hand-sanitizer needs to refilled it will be cleaned off with a wet cloth and disinfected.
3) Who I am Offering it to: The sanitizer will be sold primarily to gas stations and restaurants. However, the individuals who will use the product will be your average car-owner between the ages of 20-55. These are individuals who are busy with work and life so they move quickly throughout their day to complete many tasks. These individuals are also your average health-conscious car owners who know that gas pumps are filthy, but do not care enough to buy and carry around hand sanitizer. However, if they saw a hand sanitizer pump a short distance away they would gladly use it. Because of recent data that I pulled for a recent assignment, my typical customer would most likely be a middle-aged white male because they make up most of the car owner population. They also have kids, are college-educated, and have a steady income because of their career occupation in the business or medical field.
4) Why Do They Care: The customers care about using the product because they know that thousands of people throughout the day come to pump gas. You never know what types of germs and bacteria may be on the gas pumps, so to be safe it would be wise to use sanitizer to cleanse your hands after pumping gas. Gas stations would pay money because of the positive association and customer perception of care. This would be a great way to get customers to return to your gas station and maybe also buy other products inside your store. Based off the feedback I received I will be expanding my product into different areas so now my users have new reasons to care. For example, if they are eating a restaurant they would like to use this so that their hands are not dirty before eating food. Also, when leaving the bathroom people want a quick way to wash their hands so the hand sanitizer could be useful there as well.
5) Core Competencies/Sets Me Apart: What sets this business apart from others is that there is no current competition in this market. Currently, in Gainesville, no gas station has sanitation pumps for customers who need to move quickly. The product is also low-cost, easy to refill and replace, and will give customers a positive perception of your gas station. Based off my feedback, I will also expand my product into big gas station chains that do not already have hand sanitizer dispensers. Also, I have spoken to people who live in different areas of America and they have seen very few to no gas stations that provide a product like this. In addition, I have recently traveled to busy cities such as Atlanta and New York, and I saw very few places with hand sanitizer dispensers. However, as far as competition in the hand sanitizer space, brands such as Purell offer sanitizer stands at concerts, near food trucks, and near high density population areas. They also offer dispensaries at public schools and colleges across Florida. On the other hand, they still do not offer them at gas stations, stores, or restaurants, so there is still at this time very little competition in this market.
Evaluation: All in all, the feedback that I was given was great. It challenged my product and allowed me to think more about the competition, the cleanliness of my product, and how I should expand it in other areas. I want to thank everyone for feedback as it was very useful.
Kyle,
ReplyDeleteI think that your product is a great idea. Comparing the idea napkin to the first one you did, I can see that there has been a difference with the improvement. I think that you are right that the product can strive better because there is no competition in gainesville. That really sets it apart. Great job and thank you for sharing
Hey Kyle great napkin idea. I really enjoy reading about your business idea. I believe it would be very successful as there is a big need for this in our society. Sanitation pumps will allow people to stay healthier and be more conscious of their health. Since gas stations do not currently have this, some people who do care to be healthy carry around purrel in their cars. This will eliminate it and spread awareness of hygiene.
ReplyDelete