Pick A Segment: The segment that I am focusing on are your average health-conscious consumers. These are individuals who buy disinfecting products and like to stay somewhat clean.
Interview: I found three individuals who fit my customer segment. My interviewee group consisted of 2 females and 1 male between the ages of 20-27. Before I started the interview, I asked the person if they could identify with the unmet need and if the product would be the perfect solution for them. For my first interview, I spoke with the two females at the same time. And for the last interview I spoke with him individually
Interview 1 & 2: Nicole and Linda said that when they become aware of the need to clean their hands after pumping gas, they will check their car or purse in hopes that they have hand sanitizer near. Nicole said, if not then when she gets home she will make sure to wash her hands. Linda said, that sometimes she will forget to wash her hands. I asked Nicole and Linda about what sources of information they look for and they both did not have anything relevant to the unmet need. While both had parents who told them about being clean, neither speak to family or friends about the unmet need
Interview 3: Brandon said that he usually becomes aware of the need to clean his hands after pumping gas when he is about to eat. Brandon says he does not have a source of information for the unmet need. Furthermore, he understands that there are germs, but he believes that they are harmless unless they get inside his body. Brandon also noted that even though he uses hand sanitizer. He tries not to use too much sanitizer because it tends to dry out his hands.
Summary & Conclusion: I learned from the interviews that people in my segment would find a product like this useful. Some people forget to wash their hands afterwards and have a higher risk of spreading germs compared to someone that does. Based off what I learned from interviews I also believe that some people may interested in a cheap glove that could be worn to completely avoid contact with the gas pump. This could be an additional product next to the hand sanitizers to give people options on what they would like.
I think that having gloves next to the gas pump is also a really good idea! However, disposable plastic gloves would add a lot to the already existing plastic waste issue. Maybe think of a way to implement this in a sustainable way (possibly gloves made of recycled or recyclable material?) Besides that, I think that from your interviews people do recognize the germs that they pick up from the gas station pumps and that this is a product that would succeed.
ReplyDelete