1) Me: I am a Business Administration: Information Systems major. I have marketing and sales experience from case competitions. Furthermore, I have effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills from my various leadership roles across campus.
2) The Product: The product that I am offering will help solve a public health epidemic of people not cleaning their hands. I am selling a low-cost sanitation product that will be used after pumping gas from the filthy gas pumps.
3) Who Will Use It: The sanitizer will be sold primarily to gas stations and restaurants. However, the individuals who will use the product will be your average car-owner between the ages of 20-45. These are individuals who are busy with work and life so they move quickly throughout their day to complete many tasks. These individuals are also your average health-conscious car owners who know that gas pumps are filthy, but do not care enough to buy and carry around hand sanitizer. However, if they saw a hand sanitizer pump a short distance away they would gladly use it.
4) Why Do They Care: The customers care about using the product because they know that thousands of people throughout the day come to pump gas. You never know what types of germs and bacteria may be on the gas pumps, so to be safe it would be wise to use sanitizer to cleanse your hands after pumping gas. Gas stations would pay money because of the positive association and customer perception of care. This would be a great way to get customers to return to your gas station and maybe also buy other products inside your store.
5) Sets Me Apart: What sets this business apart from others is that there is no current competition in this market. Currently, in Gainesville, no gas station has sanitation pumps for customers who need to move quickly. The product is also low-cost, easy to refill and replace, and will give customers a positive perception of your gas station.
Evaluation: Overall, I believe all five of these elements fit together for my business concepts and I do not currently see any weak aspects in my business plan. However, if you do see any feel free to point them out.
Hi Kyle, I think this would be a great addition to gas stations. I always had hand sanitizer in my car because gas pumps are gross. I do however think you should target this to big chains of gas stations because family run ones probably don't want to spend the extra money. There's also the issue of the dispensers getting dirty. The pumps and the windshield cleaners are not cleaned, so eventually the dispensers would also get covered in dirt because it's outside. There's definitely a lot to think about, but cool idea! I know I would like free hand sanitizer for when mine runs out.
ReplyDeleteI am also a business admin major! I think you were able to pinpoint the specific parts of your idea napkin really well and I think your idea is really important for the public. Knowing your audience is so important when building a product and it seems like you were able to find yours really well. For the "sets me apart" section, you mention that there is no competition for this in Gainesville, but is there competition for this in other cities? If there is would that be an issue for your product?
ReplyDeleteHey Kyle I really do believe that your business opportunity will be beneficial to the public. It is very important to keep yourself as sanitized as possible, especially at a gas stations where hundreds of people fill up their cars a day. Although some do not believe in the importance of good hygiene, this is still a very good product. And you are correct in that there are no hand sanitation pumps at gas stations so your product has great potential.
ReplyDelete