Who: When conducting my interviews there are several businesses that share a lot in common with others in my business opportunity. In four of my interviews, I just so happened to be interviewing people who are and have worked for small local restaurants. In smaller local restaurants, they do not have sanitation pumps near grills and where food is prepared. To wash hands employees must walk all the way to the bathroom. All four agreed that smaller restaurants do not have as big of a budget as more profitable stores. So, a low-cost sanitation product is something they would consider. It would be especially useful to employees in the store.
What: The one sole interviewee, said they wouldn’t necessarily need it because they have their own hand sanitizer and would not trust hand sanitizer at gas stations. This is something I never thought about if people do not trust gas stations for food and their gas pumps. Why would they trust gas stations for hand sanitizer purposes? Gas stations have a negative association as something that people think is dirty so they may not want to use the hand sanitizer.
Why: I think the needs are the same, it is just repurposed for a different setting. I initially thought of a product that would be good for gas stations and customers who use their gas pumps. I had no idea that employees in small restaurants were going through sanitation issues at work. This opens another avenue for low-cost sanitation products.
|
Inside the Boundary
|
Outside the Boundary
|
|
Gas stations and people who want to clean their hands after pumping gas. Smaller restaurants and their employees who prepare food
|
People and businesses who do not care about keeping their customers and employees safe from health risks
|
|
To help reduce the spread of germs and bacteria.
|
The need is not to increase the risk of the germs and not for people who do not care about their overall health
|
|
The need exists because the government and gas stations are not doing their part in including important public health products
|
The purpose of the product is for the overall improvement of the health in society. This product will not be used or purchased by businesses or governments that want to reduce the risk of germs and bacteria
|
Kyle,
ReplyDeleteThis idea has a lot of potential but I suggest you take another look at risks that may be associated with the product. If you are placing hand sanitizer stations near pumps you need to consider how flammable it is especially since gasoline is highly flammable as well. Gas stations have bathrooms as well, if this was a real issue people would go ans wash their hands.
Anyways, I just wanted to let you know what I trully felt about your product.
Kyle,
ReplyDeleteI look at the product and the issues that are presented with the non sanitation and see why you came up with you did. I do agree that not many business and gas stations care about a clean environment or the health risks involved so the issues with outside the boundary impacts the inside boundary. I think it is a good topic though so thank you for sharing your insights!