Friday, September 21, 2018

7) Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

1)
Small to medium size gas stations in Gainesville are not providing their customers with a way a cleaning their hands after pumping gas, because they are unaware of the health risks and because they cannot afford it. As a result, people are more prone to getting sick. This is a public health opportunity that health companies need to take advantage of.
2)
The Who: Gas stations in Gainesville
That What: They are not providing sanitation to customers after they pump gas
The Why: They are unaware of the health risks and they cannot they afford it
3)
Testing the Who: I believe there are other gas stations in different cities that could benefit from getting educated on the health risks of gas pumps and low-cost sanitation.

Testing the What: Even if a gas station has sanitation that does not mean customers will use it. As a result, gas stations may waste money on a product customers may not use. Will gas stations care to buy customers sanitation? How could the gas stations benefit?

Testing the Why: Gas stations may say that they should not have to buy sanitation for customers it should be provided for free by the government. In addition, a small number of customers could have an allergic reaction to the ingredients of sanitation. However, society as a whole could still benefit drastically.
4)
Interview Summary: After looking at all the information from my interview, 4 out of 5 people said they would directly benefit from this need. However, one person said they would not be directly impacted by this need only because they carry hand sanitizer with them in their car all the time. However, the individual who did not need the resources saw the great potential that a sanitation product could have. In addition, the same individual said they could save more money on hand sanitizer if a sanitation product was implemented at gas stations
5)

Reflection: From the interviews, I have now realized the people who will use this product are individuals who have lower hygiene standards compared to people who higher standards. Some people feel the need to carry hand sanitizer, while some don't. I have also learned that gas stations can really benefit from a sanitation product because customers can assoicate a clean feeling with that particular gas station which could increase revenue in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. I think that this opportunity greatly affects the public. It's hard for me to believe that people are unaware of the germs and health risks gas pumps pose. In my opinion, it is more likely that they are complacent and do not care about these risks. I thought the way you tested the what, and the why were very creative and that this product could be very beneficial to the public's health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kyle! I really enjoyed reading the opportunity you selected to talk about. I actually thought of an idea like this. I am one of those people who keeps hand sanitizer in the car. I believe that it is essential to use after the gas station and even in other situations where I feel it necessary. This would benefit people as a whole and improve their health.

    ReplyDelete